Definition of chiminea
: a freestanding earthenware or metal fireplace that in its typical form has a bulbous body which is open in the front and is topped by an elongated chimney Custom fireplaces, portable freestanding fire pits, and chimineas, long a staple on southern California patios, are finding their way to the Northeastern states …— Peter Walsh, This Old House, May 2003
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game