Definition of chiminea
: a freestanding earthenware or metal fireplace that in its typical form has a bulbous body which is open in the front and is topped by an elongated chimney Custom fireplaces, portable freestanding fire pits, and chimineas, long a staple on southern California patios, are finding their way to the Northeastern states …— Peter Walsh, This Old House, May 2003
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game