chil·dren·ite | \ ˈchildrəˌnīt\
Definition of childrenite
: a mineral (Fe,Mn)Al(PO4)(OH)22H2O consisting of a hydrous basic iron aluminum phosphate in translucent pale yellowish to dark brown orthorhombic crystals (hardness 4.5–5, specific gravity 3.18–3.24)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?