cherry leaf spotnoun
Definition of cherry leaf spot
: a disease of the cherry caused by a fungus (Higginsia hyemalis) that produces localized dead spots on the foliage, fruit, and pedicels, a general chlorosis often occurring and the dead spots on the leaves often dropping out
— called also yellow leaf— compare shot hole sense 3a
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?