cher maî·tre | \ sherˈmātr(ᵊ), -t(rə)\
Definition of cher maître
: a person regarded as a master or model in an art or profession —often used as a form of address to such a person
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game