Definition of chemometrics
: the application of statistics to the field of chemical analysis The system doesn't directly measure boiling points and other physical properties; rather, it used chemometrics to infer them from the process stream's chemical composition. — Chemical & Engineering News
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game