chemical vapor depositionnoun
Definition of chemical vapor deposition
: a technique for depositing a usually thin solid layer of a substance on a surface as the result of vapor-phase chemical reactions in a high temperature gas in close proximity to the surface — compare atomic layer deposition
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?