chedd·ite | \ ˈshedīt, ch-\
Definition of cheddite
: a blasting explosive consisting essentially of a mixture of a chlorate or perchlorate (as of potassium) with an aromatic nitro compound (as nitronaphthalene) and usually a fatty substance (as castor oil)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game