variants: or less commonly chaste berry
plural chasteberries also chaste berries
Definition of chasteberry
: chaste tree … my chasteberry bush (Vitex) doesn't start to produce spring buds until well into May. — Carol Savonen, Statesmen Journal (Salem, Oregon), 18 Dec. 2009 Taking chasteberry can reduce symptoms of PMS, including breast tenderness, irritability, depressed mood and headache. — St. Petersburg (Florida) Times, 23 May 2008 She also recommended herbs such as chaste berries, black cohosh and evening primrose oil, depending on the symptoms.— Nina Rao, Springfield (Missouri) News-Leader, 15 July 2003
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game