chase upphrasal verb
chased up; chasing up; chases up
Definition of chase up
1 : to search for and find (someone or something) Can you chase up those files for me?
2 : to contact or find (someone) usually in order to get something His landlord had to chase him up for his rent.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?