chase downphrasal verb
chased down; chasing down; chases down
Definition of chase down
1 : to follow and catch (someone or something) Police chased down the robber in an alley.
2 : to search for and find (someone or something) I finally chased down that recipe I promised you. I chased him down at his old hangout.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game