chan·ga | \ ˈchaŋgə, -äŋ-\
Definition of changa
: a large brown mole cricket (Scapteriscus vicinus) native to South America but now widely distributed in the West Indies and southeastern U.S. where it is a destructive pest of many cultivated crops, feeding on crowns and stems and damaging roots by its burrowing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game