Definition of chalice vine
: a climbing strong-branching shrub (Solandra guttata) of the family Solanaceae having elliptical-oblong leaves and large solitary terminal funnelform fragrant yellow flowers with purple-brown ridges in the throat
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game