variants: or chabasite \ ˈkabəˌzīt \
Definition of chabazite
: a zeolite CaAl2Si4O12.6H2O consisting of a hydrous silicate of calcium and aluminum that occurs in glassy rhombohedral crystals, varies in color from white to yellow or red, and is used in some water softeners (hardness 4–5, specific gravity 2.08–2.16)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game