variants: or chabasite \ ˈkabəˌzīt \
Definition of chabazite
: a zeolite CaAl2Si4O12.6H2O consisting of a hydrous silicate of calcium and aluminum that occurs in glassy rhombohedral crystals, varies in color from white to yellow or red, and is used in some water softeners (hardness 4–5, specific gravity 2.08–2.16)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game