Definition of cerium metal
: any of a group of rare-earth metals separable as a group from other metals occurring with them and in addition to cerium including lanthanum, praseodymium, neodymium, promethium, samarium, and sometimes europium
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game