cent·ge·ner | \ ˈsentjənə(r)\
Definition of centgener
1 : a large number of plants or animals having a common parentage especially : 100 plants (as of wheat) derived from a single parent and so planted (as in plots or rows) that the value of the breed may be determined
2 : a device for planting 100 seeds equally spaced and at a uniform depth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game