cen·ter·less grinder | \ ˈsentə(r)lə̇s-\
Definition of centerless grinder
: a grinder for production of cylindrical work in which centers are replaced by a work-supporting member and two abrasive wheels one of which grinds work while the other regulates the speed of its rotation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?