center of similitude
Definition of center of similitude
: a point in which concur all lines joining corresponding points in two similar figures similarly or oppositely placed and which divides all such lines in a fixed ratio that is direct or inverse according as the division is outside of or between the points
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game