center of pressure
Definition of center of pressure
1 of an airfoil section : the point in the chord (prolonged if necessary) that is at the intersection of the chord and the line of action of the resultant air force
2 : the point of a surface exposed to external pressure (as of a fluid) at which a single force must be applied to equal or counterbalance the pressure forces acting on the whole surface
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?