Definition of cellie
- On the third day, guards put a jumbo-sized prisoner into Turner's cell. Turner, who claimed to be a protective-custody case, protested. He got the worst of the ensuing fight with his cellie, who was soon removed.
- —Alan Prendergast, Denver Westword, 26 June 2003
- As Venus dials her dad on her cellie, LaVar gives Richard Williams a shout-out: “Tell him I said, ‘Peace.’”
- —Anne Marie Cruz, ESPN, 15 May 2000
- Next time you talk on your celly, keep it brief …
- —Greg Bishop, VIBE, August 1997