variants: or celery top pine
Definition of celery-topped pine
: an Australasian coniferous tree of the genus Phyllocladus (especially P. rhomboidalis and P. trichomanoides) of the family Texaceae cultivated for the graceful heads of celerylike foliage composed of rhombic phyllodes borne in the axils of scaly leaves
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game