ce·du·la | \ ˈsāt͟həˌlä, ˈthāt͟h-\
Definition of cedula
1 : any of various official documents or certificates in Spain, Latin America, or the Philippines: such as
a : a permit or order issued by the government
b : a personal registration tax certificate in the Philippines
c : any of certain securities issued by some of the South and Central American governments or banks
2 : a Philippine personal registration tax
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game