caus·ti·ciz·er | \ -zə(r)\
Definition of causticizer
1 : a chemical worker who makes caustic soda by controlling chemical reactions of soda ash and milk of lime in a dissolving tank and a reactor
2 : one who makes caustic liquor for digesting wood chips into pulp by mixing and heating lime, soda ash, and water in a wooden vat
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game