cause/create/leave a vacuumidiom
Definition of cause/create/leave a vacuum
: to leave an empty space : to create a situation when an important person or thing has gone and has not been replaced Her death has caused/created/left a vacuum in our lives.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game