caught up inidiom
Definition of caught up in
1 : involved in (a difficult or confusing situation) Several members of Congress were caught up in the scandal. How did you get caught up in this mess?
2 : excited about something and having trouble thinking about anything else Everyone was caught up in the excitement. Try not to get too caught up in the moment.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game