cath·e·tom·e·ter | \ ˌkathəˈtämətə(r) \
Definition of cathetometer
: an instrument for accurate measurement of small differences in height (as of columns of mercury or other fluids) consisting of a telescopic leveling apparatus that slides up or down a perpendicular standard with a finely graduated scale
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game