Definition of catclaw acacia
: a large shrub or small tree (Acacia greggii) native to the southwestern U.S. and northern Mexico that has sharp, hooked thorns, grayish-green leaves, and yellow flowers
— called also devil’s-claw, paradise flower, ram’s horn
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game