cast/throw doubt onidiom
Definition of cast/throw doubt on
: to cause people to question or lose confidence in (something) These mistakes cast/throw doubt on her ability.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game