carry over into/toidiom
Definition of carry over into/to
: to continue to exist or be seen (in another place or situation) His unhappiness at home carried over into/to his work. Her abilities in singing didn't carry over to acting.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game