ca·roa | \ ¦karə¦wä\
Definition of caroa
1 : a Brazilian plant (Neoglaziovia variegata) related to the pinguin
2 : the silky resistant leaf fiber of the caroa plant used especially locally in making cordage, coarse cloth, and paper
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?