ca·ris·sa | \ kəˈrisə\
Definition of carissa
1 capitalized : a large genus of spiny shrubs (family Apocynaceae) found in tropical Africa, Asia, and Australia
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Carissa
3 or less commonly carissa plum -s : the plumlike fruit of a plant of the genus Carissa — see natal plum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?