Definition of carbonate-apatite
: apatite containing a considerable amount of carbonate: such as
a : apatite in which the calcium phosphate carbonate predominates over other components
b : calcium phosphate carbonate of uncertain formula probably Ca10(PO4)6(CO3)(H2O)
— called also dahllite
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?