Definition of carbon fiber
: a very strong lightweight synthetic fiber made especially by carbonizing acrylic fiber at high temperatures also : a material made from such fibers embedded in a resinous matrix a high-performance automobile with a carbon fiber body
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game