car·ba·nil·ide | \ ˌkärbəˈniˌlīd, -lə̇d, kärˈbanᵊlˌīd, -₋ə̇d\
Definition of carbanilide
: a silky crystalline compound (C6H5NH)2CO obtained by heating aniline with urea and in other ways
— called also symmetrical diphenyl-urea
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game