ca·raun·da | \ kəˈrau̇ndə, -ˌdä\
Definition of caraunda
: an East Indian evergreen shrub or small tree (Carissa carandas) having a somewhat acid fruit that is pickled green or eaten ripe
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game