car·a·gua·ta | \ ¦karəgwə¦tä \
Definition of caraguata
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a plant (Bromelia argentina) of Argentina and Paraguay with leaves that yield a long silky fiber
2 : the fiber yielded by the caraguata
\ ", ˌkarəˈgwätə \
Definition of Caraguata (Entry 2 of 2)
taxonomic synonym of guzmania
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game