variants: or Capcom or less commonly CapCom or CAPCOM
Definition of capcom
: a member of the ground support staff for a manned space mission who is responsible for communicating via radio with the crew during the mission All the astronauts chosen as capcoms automatically become members of a flight's support team, attending training sessions and computer-simulated practice flights along with the actual crew.— Susan Okie
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game