variants: or Capcom or less commonly CapCom or CAPCOM
Definition of capcom
: a member of the ground support staff for a manned space mission who is responsible for communicating via radio with the crew during the mission All the astronauts chosen as capcoms automatically become members of a flight's support team, attending training sessions and computer-simulated practice flights along with the actual crew.— Susan Okie
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game