Definition of cankle
: a wide or thick ankle that appears indistinguishable from the lower calf This summer, the popularity of gladiator-style sandals and cropped leggings has only added to the collective cankle anxiety.— Amy Chozick
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?