Definition of candle tree
1 : wax myrtle
2 : a tree (Parmentiera cerifera) of Panama having a long yellow candlelike pod
3 : a catalpa (Catalpa bignonioides) that has a long slender pod
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game