Definition of candle larkspur
: any of several perennial hybrid larkspurs having tall spikelike racemes of showy flowers and usually assigned to Delphinium elatum but sometimes grouped under the name D. cultorum
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game