ca·mou·flet | \ ¦kamə¦flā\
Definition of camouflet
1 : a mine so charged and placed that its detonation will destroy enemy mining tunnels
2a : an underground or subsurface explosion of a bomb or shell that leaves a sealed pocket of smoke and gas
b : a pocket formed in this way
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game