Definition of callaloo
1 : the edible young green leaves of a plant (such as taro or a member of the genus Xanthosoma) of the arum family used as greens
2 : a soup or stew made with greens, onions, and crabmeat or pork
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game