call someone's bluffidiom
Definition of call someone's bluff
: to challenge someone's statement or threat because it is not believed When she threatened to quit her job, her boss called her bluff and told her she could leave if she wanted to.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game