calamanconoun, often attributive
variants: or less commonly calimanco \ ˌkaləˈmaŋ(ˌ)kō \
Definition of calamanco
1 : a glossy woolen fabric of satin weave with striped or checkered designs manufactured from the 16th to the 19th centuries
2 : a garment made of calamanco
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?