Definition of caffeinate
: to get caffeine or to provide caffeine to (someone) by means of a caffeinated beverage (such as coffee) No sitter this afternoon, so I caffeinate and stumble through the routine …— Nancy Kruger Cohen The Lady K, as locals call it, caffeinates customers in the morning …— Amy Mayer Inspired by Stephen King's how-to "On Writing," he scrawled a longhand draft of "Tietam" in six weeks, caffeinating himself through the wee hours with two-liter Diet Cokes.— Gregory Kirschling
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game