Definition of cadmium telluride
: an artificially created crystalline compound CdTe that is used especially in the manufacture of photovoltaic cells … after many years of development, cadmium telluride … modules have become the lowest-cost producer of solar electricity, despite working at lower efficiency than crystalline silicon cells.— Ken Zweibel
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?