variants: or cabezone \ ˈkabəˌzōn , ˌ⸗⸗ˈ⸗ \
Definition of cabezon
1 or less commonly cabazone
a : a large green-fleshed edible sculpin (Scorpaenichthys marmoratus) of the Pacific coast of North America
b : a smaller related fish (Leptocottus armatus) of southern California
2 : a croaker (Larimus breviceps) of the West Indies and southwest Atlantic ocean having a short thick head and a nearly verticle mouth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game