Definition of busyness
: a busy quality or state: such as
a : the state of having or being involved in many activities the busyness of her schedule What with the busyness of the holidays and that conviction, I didn't pay much attention to my bird feeder for the next few days.— Emily Pasquale
b : the state of having many details Consider other factors as well, such as color contrast, pattern busyness, and furnishings sizes. — Better Homes and Gardens
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?