bushwalkverb, transitive + intransitive
bushwalked; bushwalking; bushwalks
Definition of bushwalk
: to walk in the bush : hike … five young adventurers who rode mountain bikes, kayaked and bushwalked from Mt Kosciusko to the Victorian coast. — Australian Geographic, July-September 1990 One of the pioneers in the island's national-park movement was an Austrian outdoorsman named Gustav Weindorfer, who bushwalked the mountainous interior [of Tasmania], fell in love with the sublime landscape, and never left.— Jamie James, Atlantic Monthly, March 2000
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game