Definition of bush willow
: any of a number of southern African trees of the genus Combretum: such as
a : a small deciduous tree (Combretum apiculatum) 15 to 20 feet high that is a common constituent of the Transvaal bushveld
b : a small tree (Combretum erythrophyllum) bearing 4-winged fruits and usually growing on the banks of streams
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game