Definition of burro grass
: a tufted grass (Scleropogon brevifolius) of semiarid plains and open valleys of the southwestern U.S. with wiry stolons, leaves that are flat and crowded at the base, and spikelets with long twisted awns
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game